Sunday, October 10, 2010

a fun weekend...

Well, it's been a fun but busy weekend here! Friday evening I went to our semi-annual library book sale- I was very self-controlled as compared to previous sales, but still ended up spending about the same amount of money, because the books Hanna wanted were hardcover, and they cost more. Oh well!  

Saturday was our annual church picnic- you may remember pics I posted from last year.  The family who hosts the picnic at their home has a lovely yard.  Here are some pictures-






A fun time was had by all, and everyone brought delicious food!  We also had a beautiful day weather-wise, as you can see!

Today Hanna and I went to another Premier Designs jewelry party, which was also a birthday celebration for my friend Cheryl, who is a breast cancer survivor and has been several years cancer free.  I stitched her a little pillow that I thought might be appropriate-

I think it turned out pretty well, but I really do wish I was more proficient with a sewing machine! I see so many ladies finishing their needlework in beautiful and creative ways but I just don't think I know my way around a sewing machine well enough to try.  Maybe someday..I guess sometime I need to practice on something that doesn't matter! lol   That's about it here.. sorry I had been so long in posting- I was working on this alot and didn't want to post any pics til I had given it to her. Now I'm trying to focus not only on my other WIP but maybe some Christmas gifts as well.. so much to stitch, so little time!

10 comments:

Cole said...

Great finish!!

Margaret said...

Nice present for your friend! Glad you had fun at the church picnic and the book sale.

Catherine said...

What a great finish for your friend! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - thanks for sharing the pretty pictures - I saw mostly baseball fields this weekend!

Roberta said...

Love the little pillow for your friend.

What a beautiful yard to have a picnic in.

Carolyn NC said...

Great pictures and lovely gift for your friend!

Siobhán said...

I loved the autumnal pics! Great job on the finish, too!

Micki said...

What a lovely gift for your friend, and I enjoyed your pics.
Micki

Brigitte said...

Your little pillow looks so nice and is a wonderful gift for your friend.

g-girl said...

wow, they have a pond? cool! :) what a thoughtful gift for your friend.

Kimmylovesroses said...

Hi Tracey, I found you. It's me Kimmy. I am still struggling to figure out this blogging stuff. lol


Kimmy

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...