Saturday, September 19, 2015

Candy Corn Murder by Leslie Meier

I was provided an advanced reader copy of this book by Netgalley and the publisher in return for an honest review.  This was a fun "cozy" mystery with the central character being Lucy Stone, a grandma who lives in a quaint small town in Maine. During the town's fall pumpkin festival a man is found murdered, and Lucy's husband Bill was the last one to see him alive.  The police seem convinced that Bill did it, so it is up to Lucy to do some sleuthing and prove his innocence.  I enjoyed the fall theme of the book and it was light reading.  It also had no bad language or sex scenes which was a nice change.  It was an enjoyable book and I will probably be reading more in the series.

No comments:

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...