Sunday, February 07, 2016

  
Happy February everyone!

Time flies! Can't believe we are heading toward the middle of the month already!

I have been working a bit on the tavern and made some decent progress, for a change.  I was just thinking that I need to pull threads for another project I have been meaning to start as well.  The pattern is on loan so I need to get working!  Here is the tavern thus far-

This is an older pattern; I think the copyright is 1977! But the friend I am stitching it for wanted me to do it with overdyed threads.  I think it will add a little something. 

I have been playing with my oils again- yesterday I made face cream and today I made shower gel.  The face cream works wonderfully! I haven't tried the shower gel yet. I will in the morning.  The face cream was so easy and quick! I found a recipe on Pinterest and changed it slightly.  You need 1/2 cup coconut oil, 2 tsp almond oil, 1 tbsp raw shea butter, and essential oil.(your choice- I used lavender and frankincense because they are good for your skin. 5 drops each.)


Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.



Blend until a light, fluffy texture.



Put in an airtight container! Done!



This cream really works well.  I put it on my face at night before bed, and in the morning before I put my makeup on.  It is 7:21 pm and my face still feels so soft! And there is something comforting knowing that all the ingredients in it are not harmful in any way.

I started reading a new book this week - a Netgalley advanced reader copy.  It's called No One Knows by J.T. Ellison.  I wanted to read it because the preview reminded me a bit of the movie "Double Jeopardy", which I loved. I am curious to see if this book is similar or different.  I am also reading Spirit Driven Success by Dani Johnson. I have recently just discovered Dani via a friend and she is amazing.  Very inspiring and has good insight for all aspects of life. I highly recommend reading her books! 

That's it for today- hope everyone has a great week!

Tracey ♥☺



No comments:

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...