Thursday, May 05, 2011

More pictures and a finish


First, a little more about my finish- it's a Prairie Schooler as I mentioned before.. I stitched it on MCG Textiles linen from Michael's. I didn't use the recommended DMC threads- here is what I used- all GAST- Oatmeal, Forest Glade, Maple Syrup, Mulberry, Bittersweet, and Soot. PS had the hat, mouth, and pipe all the same color, but I changed the pipe to brown.

Now for some pics from the museum yesterday, and hopefully a video if I can figure out how to put it on here.

looking through a kaleidoscope

in the elevator

on a caboose









                                      can you find the wolf in this picture?






Inside the butterfly sanctuary! It's not the best video, but it gives you an idea of how many were flying around! They were landing on us too- it was so neat! It's easier to see them if you expand the video to full screen. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Margaret said...

Cute stitchy finish! And nice pics of the museum too. I love butterfly santuaries, they're so much fun!

Joy said...

What a wonderful trip. Looks like loads of fun. Your Stitchy finish is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Cute finish and thanks for sharing your pictures.

Marl

Kimmie said...

Love the finish!

Love all the great pics!!!!

Micki said...

Beautiful finish!
Loved all of the pics!
Micki

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...