Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ugh, can't think of a post title tonight..I am ready to start a new week! I didn't get much stitching done last week- made a bit of progress on The Alamo- I think I've done a little more than this since I took the photo but it's been coming along bit by bit. I usually work on it in the mornings but it seems I was running around a lot in the mornings this week. At night, I'd get on my computer and have trouble getting off again. ;)

I did do some stitching last weekend at the quilt shop on the LK Mystery Sampler- but found when working on the 2nd row I had made a mistake in the first row and there wasn't a way to just let it go without everything being off, so I spent part of the time there pulling stitches out and re-stitching them.. so nothing new there.

Another giveaway over at Victoria Motto Sampler shop- this time for hand-dyed floss!! Click here to enter!
You  may have to scroll down just a little bit! :) And I'm super excited, just went there and found out I am a winner of one of her other awesome giveaways!

This was a sad week for me- a good friend of mine from high school died of cancer.  She was only forty years old and a mom and wife.. she survived breast cancer last year but the cancer returned in her liver and lymph nodes. It was very aggressive and she fought hard, but lost the battle this last week.  Now she is no longer suffering and will be with her Heavenly Father. She was a very special lady.  Please pray for her family- her name was Jen.  Now go and hug your loved ones and make sure they know how much you mean to them!

Here's to a happy and stitchy week-
Tracey ♥

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. What can I say? There are no words for such a loss. Cancer is a horrible disease. :( Hugs to you.

Deb said...

KNow the feeling. Have been working on a remodel this week. Noooo stitcihng whatsoever. Hope you made up for it with your cute snowman!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...