Friday, January 03, 2014

New Year, New Start

Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year.  We did here- after a long month it was nice to have a day to share together as a family and relax.  It was a crazy month, and not just because of the Christmas preparations. 

Early in the month my husband had hernia surgery- it was something we had put off for too long and our old doctor had ignored for too long.  I had switched doctors and got my husband switched over too.  The new doctor's office took one look and set him up with a surgeon.  His surgery was around the first of the month.  They kept him a couple of days after then let him come home.  He was home a few days and started experiencing a lot of pain, more than normal for the procedure.  So we went to the local ER- scans and x-rays had shown that the mesh did not hold- so he was taken to the hospital he had the original surgery at and was kept for about a week after the almost -immediate surgery.  The hospital was about an hour away so it was a lot of driving back and forth, leaving the kids with friends, etc. But he is home now and recuperating, and was in time for Christmas, thankfully.

I have been doing a little stitching here and there; I am hoping with the start of the new year I can get back into my old stitching habits and get some things done.  The Alamo is still a WIP, and I have also started a gift for some friends- it was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but that didn't happen. To inspire me I can do a little stash shopping- I was fortunate enough to win a giveaway on Laurel's Stitchery's facebook page and won a $20 gift certificate for her shop! Was browsing tonight- such decisions to be made. I know that fabric is a must, as I am always running short of good fabric.

The kids are doing very well in their new schools, and Ginger is well also.  We had a little scare with her a month or two ago- she must have gotten into something she shouldn't have, and was a bit sick, but thankfully with some medicine and some special canned food, she is fine now.  (and always expects canned food with her dry food now, unfortunately. ) She has gained a little weight but is not unhealthy, as you can see in this photo taken at Christmas.
 
As some of you who have been reading my blog for a while know, I had some links to the right for my webshots albums- wish list and items for sale/trade.  Well evidently webshots was bought out in 2012 and I was sent an email that I needed to save all my photos because they would no longer be available after such and such a time.  WELL- I did not see that email- I have a tendency to let my emails pile up and probably purged it in some mass email purge at some point.  This is a bit upsetting because I'm not sure I had some of those photos saved anywhere else. Grrrrr. Oh well.. there is nothing to be done about it now. New year's resolution: Keep a better handle on my email accounts.
 
I was really so excited- since we have a new house I wanted a new Christmas tree- we had one of those fiberoptic ones from the 90's and I hated it - the lights just do not have that glow.  Well my dh knew I wanted a new tree and fortunately a friend of his from work was getting rid of one or two- they have a large house. And he got us a new tree for a steal.  So this was our tree this year-
I ♥ it. I don't want to take it down!
 
Well that is life in a nutshell here- thanks for sticking with me! Will post some stitching pics next time(I know, I probably said that last time.)
 

6 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy New Year. I am glad your husband is fine. Its amazing what hospitals do nowadays. You have to be your own advocate. The dog looks cute. I like the new tree. I took all my stuff down yesterday morning, the house looks empty.

Kimmie said...

I love a corgi pic! We took our tree down on Monday. I got tired of looking around it to see the TV. Glad your husband is OK. Doctors are scary.

Sarah Beth said...

Your new tree looks lovely. My hubby and I are looking for a fiber optic tree..do you still have yours? Maybe we can buy it from you. Can you show me a pic of it?

Babs in Alabama said...

Hi Tracey. I've not been around either and hoping to be now. Sorry your hubby had so much trouble and I know it can wear and tear on you too. Sounds like things are settled down and your'e off to a good start for the New Year. hugs, babs

Margaret said...

It's good to hear all your news. I hope your DH is well on the road to recovery, poor guy. Ouch! Love seeing Ginger too -- such a cutie! Happy New Year to you! Your tree is lovely btw! Glad you are happy with it!

Deb said...

Beautiful tree!
Happy your hubby is better, and puppy, too!
Happy new year

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...