Monday, July 14, 2014

Wellllll.. I had all these things I was going to blog about.. and now I am drawing a blank! Ugh.

I had been sooooo good, not buying any stash, trying to use up what I had first, or at least some of it.. well.. it doesn't count if it's almost free right? I had gotten a great deal from ebay the other day via email.  If I listed an item between certain dates they would give me a $10 ebay gift certificate- and if I sold the item I'd get another $10 added to it! And miracle of miracles, it actually happened.  I was like a kid in a candy store when that gift code came in- I could not decide what I wanted!  Well I finally decided to be semi-good and get threads for a chart I already had- that took up a good portion of it- so I got a couple of little Lizzie Kate patterns.  One looked kind of familiar- I couldn't remember if I had it on my wish list(which webshots deleted) or I already had it.  Hopefully I don't! Well this stash-buying- looking at all the patterns-got me anxious to finish my current projects and start something new.  So I am going to make an effort to get more stitching done then I have been.

Which brings me to my Alamo progress! It's not much but I did get a few stitches in over the weekend and some more on my lunch break today- I will be glad to get done with the trees and get back to the building itself.
I have also listed a few items on ebay- some older leaflets and will be adding a book or two soon. My ebay ID is hannasmom1198 if you'd like to have a look. :)
Kona is growing like a weed.  Here are a couple pictures of him and Ginger.
  



I thought this one was kind of funny.



They enjoy it outside even when it's sooooo hot. Of course we don't leave them out there for long periods.  Kona is learning how to play frisbee - Ginger never really took an interest in it but Kona is.  He can't catch the frisbee yet but he will go to it and try to bring it back.  Sometimes he can but the frisbee is a little too big for him, so sometimes he stands on it while he is trying to pick it up. :) DD just got back from a youth conference.  She got a little frisbee there, so we may try that one with him when she finds it.  She doesn't remember where she put it.

I recently finished reading Night Road by Kristin Hannah. It was an excellent book but so heart-wrenching! I cried so many times. I just recently started reading Irish Whiskey by Andrew M. Greeley, but am breaking from it to read a kids' book Land of Stories:The Wishing Spell.  A friend of mine started a book club and that's the first book we're reading. It's actually a pretty long book, so I thought I'd start now even though we're not meeting til the end of August.  It's actually pretty good so far!

Well that's it for now- hoping to have a finish to show you soon.  My grandma will be moving soon and I need to get her housewarming gift done!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Your Alamo is amazing! Wow! Love seeing pics of Kona and Ginger. What fun that Kona is learning frisbee!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...