Sunday, May 13, 2018

Two more great books!

No new stitching progress as these two books have had me wrapped up- two more that I did not want to put down!
Received this from NetGalley and the publisher as an advanced reader copy in return for an honest review!  It's hard to let you know what this is about, without giving any spoilers.  Erin and Mark are newlyweds on their honeymoon.  While snorkeling, they find something in the water that will change their lives and their relationship forever.  I will be honest, when I first started reading this book, I was not sure I was going to like Erin.  When you read the book you will understand.  As I kept reading though, I slowly started to understand where things may be going.  She did very frustrating things at times, but due to those things, the book kept me on the edge of my seat.  Although in my head I said I would never do those things, or my husband wouldn't, if you really put yourself in their place you start to wonder..
I would hope that I would do the right thing.  Highly recommend this book for fast-paced suspense! And for those that like their books without bad language and detailed sex scenes, this is also a book for you.  I missed neither.   I can't guarantee no bad language but I don't recall any.

On to the second.. 
Another ARC from NetGalley! I had read B.A. Paris's Behind Closed Doors, and loved it, so I was excited to read this book.  It did not disappoint.  Finn and Layla had a whirlwind romance.  One night, on the way hope from a trip to France, the couple stops at a rest area. Finn goes to use the restroom and when he returns, Layla has disappeared.  After an exhaustive search, she is presumed dead.  Finn meets Layla's sister, Ellen, and during their mourning of Layla, the eventually fall in love and get engaged. Suddenly, after the engagement is announced, people say they have seen Layla, and Finn and Ellen start receiving memoirs from Layla and Ellen's childhood that only a select few know about. Is Layla back? Where has she been for 12 years?  This book kept me intrigued throughout, and there was a twist at the end that I did not see coming.  Although I was a bit disappointed in the ending, I would still highly advise reading this book, especially if you are a lover of suspense!

No comments:

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...