Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Wonderful book read and a little progress

This book... ohhhh this book.  First, I must apologize to the author and the publisher- I received an advanced copy of this in 2016 via NetGalley and I never read it until now. I don't know why, but oh, I am so glad I finally did read it.   Based on actual people and events, it is the story of three very different women and the effects World War II had on them, and how eventually their paths intertwine.   Caroline (one of the real people represented in this book) was a former actress, working at the French Consulate in New York City.  Kasia, a Polish teenager, and Herta, a German doctor(the other real person represented.)  The author, Martha Hall Kelly, did extensive research for this book and it shows.  It is a window into that time and such a moving story.  This is a book that will stay with you long after you've finished it.

Here is some recent progress on my LK sampler- I don't get to it every night, but trying manage my time a little better, so I find time stitch.

My mom recently sent me a bird feeder to attach to our kitchen window- I have wanted one of these for so long! So far, not many birds have found it though.  This is the first one I saw, although the window was too foggy to see it clearly! I haven't had many and have heard it takes some time for them to find it.  I hope they do soon!

'Til next time-
Tracey

No comments:

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...