Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Squeakuel and some progress pics!

A while back, when "Wall-E" was in the theatres, Rob tried to take David to the movies. I told him David would get scared, but he wouldn't listen- needless to say as soon as they turned the lights down David wanted out. So Rob paid money for tickets for nothing. I was a bit nervous when Rob told me David said he would go see "Alvin and the Chipmunks- The Squeakuel" today- I was afraid we'd have a repeat of last time. He was a little nervous at first but was fine, he really enjoyed it. Hanna wanted to see it too but she's at a friend's house so she's going to be mad at me- so I think we will try to go once more before it's out of the theatre. Even though the chipmunks totally annoy me sometimes, it was actually a pretty cute movie. I have eaten way too much already today though, and don't even know if I'll want dinner at this point. Ugh.


Here is my progress on my Brooke's Books SAL- not much of anything yet but I made more progrees this week than I did last week.

I'm pretty excited about this SAL, I just know it's going to be so pretty when it's done!
Here is my progress on my Sense and Sensibility sampler as of last night-


I also got some stash mail yesterday- I ordered from the Stitch and Frame Shop in Rock Hill, SC- got some beads and a charm I needed and the Sampler Girl's "Camille's French Sampler".  If anyone has been wanting to add this to their stash check out the Stitch and Frame shop-she has it on clearance for $2.50! And it's out of print! Snatch it up while you can! :)

7 comments:

Blu said...

Nice progress pics.

I must confess that the fat chipmunk in front scares me just a bit...

Sharlotte said...

A little progress is better than none I'd say. Kuddos to you for joining a SAL. That would be too much pressure for me to try and get a specific amount done within a specific time frame. The time frame pressure of exchanging is enough for me. LOL! As far as the movie.... my sister and I were at the movies once when a couple of her kids were small. We were into the movie about 10 minutes when we needed to leave. We went to the desk and explained that the kids were scared and they refunded us half the ticket price. You might try that if that should happen again. It's worth a shot any way.

Siobhán said...

Lovely progress on your stitching!

I'm glad to hear that your son enjoyed the movie. I used to take pics of the kids when we'd go see movies when they were younger--it coincided nicely with my scrapbooking obsession--and we were just looking back on those pages and enjoying the memories. The kids LOVED seeing the kids' movies, and we loved taking them. Ah, good times. :)

Carol said...

Looks like you have some nice projects going, Tracey! Had to laugh at your little mood picture on your sidebar!! Bloated--I remember those days :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Nice progress! S&F is right here in my hometown! It is a fantastic LNS (local needlework shop).

Carolyn NC said...

Nice progress! I love Stitch and Frame shop and the people there - so nice!

g-girl said...

that's great that david finally sat through his first movie!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...