Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I am just chillin' at home with my family- kids are playing Lego Batman on the Wii, Rob is working on Hanna's new ipod, getting it ready to roll.. thought I would check in with my blog friends and see how everyone's Christmas is going! I am wearing a warm snuggly poncho my mom made for me- I will have Hanna take a picture later so you can see. :) I did get two stitchy gifts- an Ott-Lite (Michael's had them 1/2 price, woo hoo!) and a beautiful hardcover book "A Cross Stitch Christmas" from my FIL and his wife.  All kinds of designers are featured including Donna Vermillion Giampa, Ursula Michael, Gail Bussi, Nora Corbett, and a lot more!! There are some beautiful winter scenes and a gorgeous stained glass window pattern.   Dh also go me a new camera- a Canon Power Shot(thanks Edgar! I love it!) so maybe now that I have a camera that's a little more portable I will have more pictures to share with you all. 
Rob helped me finish my ornaments the other night-he is better with a sewing machine than me-and they were sent out yesterday. I only have one to finish yet and get out, which I will hopefully take care of this weekend. I am just trying to decide how to finish it because it's a rectangular shape with a rounded top.  I never did finish stitching the Tinkerbell design for dd, I think she has forgotten about it- so I will continue to plug away at that and my Dec. flip-it. I have joined the Brooke's Books Stitcher's Alphabet SAL- I am hoping to get the fabric I  need this weekend also.  I have never started a project from the corner before, always the middle- but since all the letters aren't done yet I'll be starting in the top left corner- any tips?
Dh and I watched "The Accidental Husband" the other night- the reviews I had heard were not so good but Colin Firth was in it so I gave it a try anyway.. it was predictable but still cute, I thought.  Don't know that I'd buy it for my DVD collection but it wasn't so bad. I mean we rented it from a Redbox and it was not a waste of 1.00. lol  We've also rented "All About Steve"- hope to watch it soon. I would like to watch at least one version of "A Christmas Carol" this weekend - I have two tivoed. 
I don't think I have shared a picture of our Christmas tree yet- this was taken with the old camera-

It was taken right after we put it up.  The kids and I made Christmas cookies yesterday- this year I opted for the Toll House pre-made dough- it is delicious and so much more convenient!  Here is the finished product- the one with fewer cookies was decorated by Hanna and I decorated most of the larger plate- there are a few decorated by David- those would be the ones with the piles of icing. lol

I also got a great deal on a gingerbread house kit at Michael's so the kids and I will hopefully do that this weekend as well.
Well, I am sure chatty today aren't I? That's about it for now- hope I will have some stitchy pics soon- but in the meantime here are my attempts at taking the kids' pic for the Christmas card- they would not sit still- I finally gave up and chose the one in the middle.




This bottom one would have been perfect if David didn't have the goofy look on his face!

Merry Christmas and as Tiny Tim said -"God bless us every one!"





6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wishing you a joyful Christmas, Tracey!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
It's quiet here. Just lazing by the fireplace and reading.

Jennifer

ohiofarmgirl said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Sounds like you are having a wonderful day. Dianntha

Carolyn NC said...

Great pictures - Merry Christmas!

Lois said...

Such lovely pictures Tracey. Sounds like you had a lovely day.

g-girl said...

it looks as though you had a great Christmas! :) wonderful gifts, yummy sweets, and time spent with those you cherish the most!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...