Thursday, February 25, 2010

Progress on "B"

Well, after frogging everything but the upper left hand corner, and re-stitching, this is where I'm at! :-) I really wish this picture did the butterfly justice. It is so pretty and sparkly!
I am also happy to say I solved the Tinkerbell's wing/Daquiri Ice dilemma.  While stitching "B" last night I noticed that one of the colors was really close to Daquiri Ice.  So today I tried it- it was a little too dark, so I ripped it out and used a strand of Daquiri Ice and a strand of the similar DMC and it is so close I don't think it will be noticeable. Yea! I will try to remember to take a picture tomorrow and post it.  I am almost done with the cross-stitching- I have to stitch the "P" in "Pixie" then I can begin the backstitch! hurrah! I feel like I have been working on it a long time.
It snowed today- the third time this winter- I know that doesn't seem like much but I think it's the first time it's snowed three times in one winter since I moved here in '94.  It was really pretty,  not falling hard, just kind of randomly coming down this way and that, big fat flakes.  It melted as soon as it hit the ground but I still enjoyed watching it fall.   Well.. better go if I am going to get any stitching done tonight! :)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

This is beautiful Tracey! I have had these alphabet blocks printed out for awhile, but just haven't fit them into the stitching scheme of things yet. I have really enjoyed watching your progress.

Catherine said...

I love it! Can't wait to see Tinkerbell!

Cole said...

Looks wonderful Tracey! I think B is one of my favorites! Can't wait to see Tinkerbell :)

Jinger said...

I love the progress on your alphabet blocks. Snow Tired is adorable. Great poncho!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog.

Take care & stay warm!

Vickie said...

Your alphabet blocks are cute!!

g-girl said...

The B is lovely! :)

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...