Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I am a couple weeks late.. sorry!  You know how it goes around the holidays..we had a very nice Christmas. Rob's mom came to visit from Christmas Day to New Year's Day, it was so much fun having her here! And we got a little spoiled, as she brought many baked goodies with her! I didn't get many good Christmas pics of the kids this year- Hanna was sitting beside me so it was kind of hard to get pics of her, but I did get this great one of David opening his Criss Angel magic kit- he wanted one sooooo bad(and so did Dad!)
and a picture of our tree of course-
One of the things I don't like about our pre-lit fiber optic tree is it just doesn't "glow" like a tree with traditional lights. It was prettier than this- the picture really doesn't do it justice.
Ah, here's one of Hanna- looks like she wanted her picture taken huh? hee hee..
And here is a pic of the kids and I with my mother-in-law- Rob doesn't like getting his picture taken.
And David took a ride back to the parking lot on the luggage cart-
Mom's plane left pretty early- we saw a nice sunrise on the way home!
On the stitching side of things- I have finished something this year, but I can't show you yet! It's a gift for a friend and I haven't sent it yet.  But here is something to hold you over in the meantime.  I have had this stitched for my MIL for a while, but finally made it into a flatfold so I could give it to her for Christmas. She always likes going to the ocean when she's here.  Thank you Vonna for your great tutorials!!
And lastly, I was reading Paulette at Plum Street Samplers blog today, and she is doing something and I have been thinking about doing it too.  It's a 365 day blog.  Basically you post a picture a day, I'm assuming one you have taken that day.  Since I love taking pictures I think I may give it a go, though by looking at hers I know already my picture-taking skills lack in comparison! I will post a link here when I get it set up.





3 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Wishing you all the best in 2011!

Margaret said...

What a nice holiday you all had! I loved seeing all the pics. Nice finish for your MIL!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A great holiday had by all! Looks like loads of fun :)
The flatfold is very nicely done!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...